Los Angeles-based producer, guitarist, and singer-songwriter Taylor Locke is KX FM’s Artist of the Week!
We asked the prolific musician to share with us a recipe he loves to prepare, and he described a unique way to cook a classic breakfast dish: pancakes.
1. Heat up your griddle and grease it lightly with butter or oil.
2. In a bowl, combine: 1 cup of pancake mix, 1 slightly beaten egg, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/2 cup of milk.
3. Stir it until it’s no longer lumpy, then let it settle for a few minutes.
4. Pour onto the griddle, let it cook, then flip to cook on the reverse side.
4. Serve it up two ways – syrup, bananas and powdered sugar, or apricot jam, blackberries and powdered sugar.
Or a combination of ALL of the above